User Instructions & Tips: Getting Started
1. On the home page enter your name and email under the “Get Started” banner.
2. Click on “Get Started” and you will be taken to your user profile page.
3. Fill in the information on your user profile page, **it is important that you select the right Type of Business, the website features vary by business type.
4. Be sure to hit “Save” before leaving this page.
5. You will receive the email below from: email@example.com :
Welcome to www.boatvaluebook.com,
To activate your account, you must follow the activation link below: http://www.boatvaluebook.com/members/activate/NEWUSER_AT_rogers_DOT_com/568df51c733aeef7980442852d329a43
Please activate your account within 96 hours, otherwise your registration will become invalid and you will have to register again.
You can use either you username or email address to login. Your login details are as follows:
We hope that you enjoy your stay with us :)
The www.boatvaluebook.com Team
6. Print the email for reference when you log-in. **TIP – copy & paste the password from the email.
7. Once logged in, change the password to something easy for you to remember.
8. Start searching used boat values by clicking on the “Search” tab at the top of the page.
9. To explore other site features review the options under “You Can” and scroll down the page to access forms and other features.
If you have any questions or feedback please feel free to call or email:
Phone: (519) 538-2256
What is the Boat Value Book ?
The Boat Value Book is a guide to help establish values for boats for the purpose of buying, selling, insuring or financing and is for the exclusive use of Boat Value Book Subscribers.
What is Boat Value Book Online ?
Boat Value Book Online is the online version of the Boat Value Book.
Which manufacturers are Included in the Boat Value Book ?
Boat Value Book Online includes values for most manufacturers commonly found in the Canadian market. For values of boats not on the list, please use our Professional Evaluation Service.
How are the boats equipped ?
Values are for an average boat in average condition with typical equipment for the size and age of boat in Ontario. Allowances should be made for any differences.
Who should use the Boat Value Book ?
The Boat Value Book is a guide for marinas, brokers, surveyors as well as insurance, leasing and finance companies to help calculate the appropriate value for boats when making a sale, taking a trade, listing, insuring or financing as the case may be.
How do you value boats ?
Values are determined by collecting sold prices from a network of Canadian marinas and brokers. This data, together with information provided my manufacturers, asking prices, historical data and competitive forces form the foundation for the determination of the appropriate values.
Can I get a Professional Boat Evaluation
Yes, we provide Professional Boat Evaluations. This evaluation will involve more detail than is available online. The Professional Evaluation is completed by a crew of marine industry professionals, using a boat load of analysis.